Velero is a tool that enables backup and restore Kubernetes cluster resources and persistent volumes. It simplifies the task of taking backups/restores, migrating resources to other clusters, and replication of clusters.
- Stores Kubernetes resources in highly available object stores (S3, GCS, Blob Storage, etc.)
- Backs up PVs / PVCs using cloud providers’ disk capture mechanism
- Scheduling backups with a syntax cron
- Rotation of automatic backups with TTL (Time to Live)
- Supports community-enhanced plugins